2017 Goals – How’d I do?
Posted by Sam on January 1, 2018
13/30 on the year.
- PR in the mile AND 5k – Never got a good shot at the 5k but yes to the mile! That will be a 2018 goal.
- Visit three major-ish US cities that I’ve never been to – Not even close.
- Go to a country I’ve never been to – Whoopsies!
- Move out of my parents house – Take that mom and dad!
- Get a cat once I move out – The only goal I completed twice!
- Bowl a 300 (before Tom) – Both of us suck.
- Attend a play – No but I seriously considered it.
- Write 6 hand-written letters and mail them – More people should do this.
- Write a 5 year letter to myself – Stupid goal.
- Go to a dentist – No, but I’ve been flossing!
- Formally volunteer my time at least once – Genuinely embarrassed that I didn’t do this or put any effort into coordinating.
- Invest 25% of my money – Did 100% in Bitcoin.
- Don’t significantly injury myself while blacked out – Fell down the stairs on NYE but no real damage.
- Don’t get in a fist fight with anyone (considering making it the opposite) – I’m really good at resolving conflicts with words.
- Watch Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons play together live – BOOM.
- Watch three Sixers’ wins live – Easiest. Goal. Ever.
- Get Molly Sullivan’s number – I think I blew my chance.
- Watch Tom Brady win MVP and / or the Super Bowl this year – He might do it again this year.
- Watch an American win gold in a distance event at the WCs – EMMA!
- Watch an American Record in a distance event – AJEE!
- Write 225 blog posts (more realistic than last year) – 168.
- Buy a new suit – I wore a full suit like twice this whole year.
- Advance my career… by getting a new title – Technically happened but not fully satisfied
- Get LASIK – Best decision I’ve made in my life.
- Watch the Godfather – Coming to Netflix!
- Read 5 books – I don’t think I read one.
- PR in the beer mile – Failed miserably in my only attempt.
- Run over 2000 miles – 1678.
- Attempt 100 beers and 100 miles in a week – Next year.
- Make back all the money I lost in 2016 gambling – An embarrassing and concerning result on the year.
Filed under Life