2017 Goals Update
Posted by Sam on August 8, 2017
With about 60% of 2017 gone by, it’s time to check how I’m doing with my yearly goals.
- PR in the mile AND 5k – 1 / 2 with a chance for the 5k.
- Visit three major-ish US cities that I’ve never been to – Not on pace.
- Go to a country I’ve never been to – No and no plans to…
- Move out of my parents house – Easily!
- Get a cat once I move out – Next year’s goal will be for him not to die.
- Bowl a 300 (before Tom) – TBD
- Attend a play – Still a chance
- Write 6 hand-written letters and mail them – I’m at 2.
- Write a 5 year letter to myself – Not sure I even want to do this.
- Go to a dentist – On pace to make it two years straight without going
- Formally volunteer my time at least once – I plan on doing this.
- Invest 25% of my money
- Don’t significantly injury myself while blacked out – So far so good!
- Don’t get in a fist fight with anyone (considering making it the opposite) – No close calls yet.
- Watch Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons play together live – This is a GUARANTEE
- Watch three Sixers’ wins live.
- Get Molly Sullivan’s number – Plenty of time left for next season.
- Watch Tom Brady win MVP and / or the Super Bowl this year – Was there ever any doubt?
- Watch an American win gold in a distance event at the WCs – WTF Jager. Fingers crossed for Chelimo!
- Watch an American Record in a distance event – Ajee Wilson!
- Write 225 blog posts (more realistic than last year) – Been slacking this year
- Buy a new suit – Going to put this off until next year
- Advance my career… by getting a new title – Technically happened but not fully satisfied
- Get LASIK.
- Watch the Godfather – Like 99% this doesn’t happen.
- Read 5 books – I’ve read one chapter of one book all year, would need a heroic effort to get this one.
- PR in the beer mile – Going to attempt this weekend most likely
- Run over 2000 miles – Possibly!
- Attempt 100 beers and 100 miles in a week – Hoping to at least try.
- Make back all the money I lost in 2016 gambling – My biggest personal problem of 2017.
Filed under Thoughts