Pre NBA Draft Lottery 2017
Posted by Sam on May 12, 2017
It’s the best time of year!
Cavs & Warriors fans have enjoyed this time of year as of late as they each cruise to their third straight finals.
We suffer through 82 games a year (except the 15 in January) just to have a chance at the ping pong balls falling our way.
Tuesday, May 16th, is the NBA Draft Lottery, and there’s no shortness of drama for the Sixers thanks to none other than SAM HINKIE.
I won’t get into huge detail, but due to Hinkie’s magic we have:
- Our pick
- The Lakers pick if it falls outside of the top 3
- The right to swap with the Kings if their pick is better than ours
With all of that factored in, we have a:
- 15% chance at the #1 pick
- 45% chance at a top 3 pick
- 40% chance at TWO top 5 picks.
There are two “best case” scenarios in my opinion.
- The first is that we get picks #1 and #4. Fultz goes #1 and then whoever you like at #4 (I’m happy with Monk, Jackson, Fox, or Smith).
- The second scenario is that we get #1, the Lakers get either #2 or #3, the Lakers still suck next year, and we get their unprotected pick like the Celtics have with the Nets this year (more Hinkie magic).
We get pick #6 and the Lakers are good next year so we’d get their shitty pick.
This would be the worst thing to ever happen to me in my life aside from if Ben Simmons and Embiid getting into a car accident together.
Watch the Draft Lottery
Joel Embiid will be representing the Sixers at the lottery so it’s sure to be entertaining. My expectations are so high that if we end up with just one pick outside the top 3 I’m going to be so bummed.
Use this draft simulator and see how many times we get two top 5 picks out of 10. It’s incredible. I get a little more excited each time it happens.
Filed under Sports